What Mamma Wants, She Gets
When RealCloud was made, we had a few people in mind who we thought would really get a kick out of it. At the top of our list? Moms.
Everyone records everything these days, but what really gets shared? Videos of the kids, like in old-school home movies – only now it’s with an HD smartphone instead of a clunky camcorder. Social media has been a great vehicle for moms to share. While they don’t necessarily want to share videos publicly on YouTube, they do love sharing stuff about their lives, and especially about their kids in a more private way. And why not? They’re pretty darn adorable!
What could be better than a way to collect all of those videos in one place, share them privately with friends and family, and easily be able to watch them on a phone, TV, computer and a tablet with no hard work required?
So we thought, “Let’s put our Cloud to the test!” We found some moms who blog about all things motherhood, gave them some storage space to play with, and asked them to try out RealCloud.
How Did RealPlayer Play Out?
We were really impressed with the ways these moms found to use RealCloud! They saved, watched and shared their videos and turned great moments into awesome movies.
In one example, Stephanie Manner Wagner used the app on her family vacation to Colorado for July 4th weekend, capturing trampoline fun, teeing off, and more. What it really helped her with was that she didn’t run out of room on her iPhone even though it was a long weekend of recording videos pretty much the whole time. Also, she was pretty happy that she didn’t have to crowd everyone around her little phone, instead sharing with other phones and her kids’ iPad to relive the day’s fun.
What Scarlet Paolicchi liked most was being able to watch her family videos on her big screen TV, so she and her kids didn’t have to squint at the phone they recorded it on, or have to spend time transferring it to the computer. It worked with the Roku 2, which she was already comfortable with.
Trisha Novotny used her personal Cloud to capture a family outing to Odyssey 1 for pizza and laser tag. Trisha said she recalled all the times she recorded family videos before with camcorders, and all the video memories that were left unseen on a shelf in the closet. But now, she can instantly sort through them, watch them at home, and send them to her extended family with no problem!
Moms Set Their Keyboards to Work[JD1]
We want to give a shout out to these incredibly talented bloggers who cover the experiences of motherhood in the modern age. Check out their stuff below!
- Trisha Novotny of 24/7 Moms specializes in everything from how to live frugally to how to manage your marriage when you have a new child.
- Stephanie Manner Wagner of and Twins Make 5! Reviews all sorts of products and services that are perfect for family time, and some that just help mom make it through the day.
- Samantha Anderson of As They Grow Up blogs about how to homeschool your kids effectively and keep them fit.
- Emily Lyon of Clever Housewife gives tips on managing a family, reviews products, and has some really cool giveaways.
- Scarlet Paolicchi of Family Focus is a Nashville stay-at-home mom who blogs about everything in her life, from travel to divorce. She also has some awesome sweepstakes to get cool things for your children.
- Kari Warner of Mommy’s Fabulous Finds informs moms on great deals, from DIY crafts and travel ideas to our favorite category, tech.
- Louise Bishop of MomStart writes about her experiences traveling the globe, sharing recipes, and talking about products that can help families out.
- Kimberly Vetrano of She Scribes gives insights into parenting all the way through their teen years in her wonderful self-described “Ramblings.”
- Janessa Solem of Thrifty Nifty Mommy writes “reviews you can trust from a mom just like you,” to help moms everywhere navigate all the family products out there.
- Amanda West, writer of Mommity, helps navigate the unique challenges of raising kids while living in the big city.
- Grinning Cheek to Cheek is a fun blog ran by Amy Kronstedt and her friend Andrea, covering their lives and how to bring smiles to all your children’s faces.
- Colleen Shibley of Shibley Smiles is addicted to blogging, and loves to keep her readers informed on fitness and nutrition for their kids, along with everything else that goes into a healthy family.
- Heather Smith from OurKidsMom is a longtime loving mother, who writes about the experiences of raising both young adults and elementary kids at the same time.
- Cher Kachelmuss from Mom and More is all about deals, and devotes her time to reviewing kids’ products so other moms can make educated choices for their families.
- Ruth V. runs Viva Veltoro, a blog showing the beauty of raising kids through her experiences and her impressive photography skills.
- A Mom’s Take is written by Janel Case, a mom who makes a strong case daily for budget-friendly recipes, crafts, gifts and family activities.
- MomTrends is a great blog by a former Ralph Lauren executive, and Michelle Spreckels writes amazing pieces on new tech to make family time even better.
- Kimberly Grabinski writes What’s That Smell?, an amusing blog jam packed with tips for raising a healthy family and living a natural life.
We’ll continue to find out what real moms think, and hope you enjoy using RealCloud for keeping family memories safe, sharable and as always, superb! If you’re a mom, let us know what you think about RealCloud!
Learn more about saving and sharing memories with RealPlayer today!