How to Download and Convert Popular YouTube Web Video Content to MP3 with RealPlayer.
Updated March 2017
The video-sharing website YouTube is the third most popular site on the Internet, streaming a staggering four billion videos every day. That popularity, however, is not all wine and roses and piano-playing cats. Of those four billion YouTube videos viewed daily, many are copyrighted material provided by media businesses for people to view on YouTube. Record labels, television networks, and movie studios are not particularly happy about all this copyright violation among YouTube users. As a result, YouTube is stepping up their efforts to prevent copyright infringement – and their first target is a slew of websites that provide a YouTube to MP3 converter.
That said, if you want to convert YouTube video to MP3 files, you can do so provided that the material is not copyrighted and you are only using the MP3 file for your own personal use. If the file is downloadable, RealPlayer will automatically store the file in your library for personal viewing.
YOUTUBE-MP3.ORG STOPS CONVERTING VIDEO TO MP3 FILES.
Coincidentally, Download.com is owned by CNET, which is owned by CBS. Copyright pirates could theoretically steal copyrighted CBS television shows on the company’s YouTube channel using tools they downloaded from a CBS-owned property.
This is not an isolated incident. Just days later, the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) asked the popular site Download.com to remove all downloads for video to MP3 software. The RIAA released a statement complaining that, “Download.com continues to ignore our requests,” and that “Download.com is profiting from this infringement through advertisements and other ways it derives revenue when people use the site to download these applications.” Download.com has not heeded the request, arguing that many of their users are utilizing these software products for legal and non-infringing purposes.
It’s important to remember that many uses of copyrighted material are considered legal under the fair use doctrine to U.S. copyright law. The fair use doctrine makes exceptions for non-infringing purposes like news reporting, research, education — or just for laughs. Consider YouTube’s first big legal copyright challenge, a 2007 video of a baby dancing to the Prince song “Let’s Go Crazy”. Universal Music Group, the copyright holder of that hit song, sued the baby’s mom for copyright violation. A judge ruled in favor of the mom and the baby, citing fair use, and the video’s view counter went from just 28 views to more than a million.
HOW TO USE REALPLAYER TO DOWNLOAD A VIDEO THEN CONVERT TO MP3
- Go to your favorite video website and play a video. Vimeo, Youtube, Metacafe, Videosift are all excellent choices for popular web video content
- RealPlayer Downloader tool will automatically find the video embedded on the webpage to download. You will see it flashing at the top of your browser
- The Download this video button appears. Click it to begin downloading. You can copy-paste the URL into the downloader prompt too. If multiple videos are embedded on the webpage. You can find that popular web video in your real player library once finished.
4. The Library should now be open and you’re ready to use the built-in video to MP3 converter. In the left panel of the screen, click “Convert To.” This opens the RealPlayer Converter. You can then drag the video from the library that you want to convert into MP3 into the box and it will add it to the list of videos to be converted.
5. Click to Select a Device and choose MP3 Audio Only and click OK.
6. Press the green Start button. RealPlayer’s built-in video to MP3 converter does the rest.
Convert Videos To MP3 Now!
Want a free and easy way to convert videos to MP3? Download RealPlayer and turn videos into MP3 audio files for your personal use.
Download RealPlayer for MP3 converter
What do you think about converting videos to MP3? Were you aware of the copyright issues? Let us know in the comments below.