How To Create a Story Using the RealTimes Mac App
Creating a RealTimes Story is now easier than ever before, you can edit and add specific scenes to the Story plus add music from your iTunes library as the soundtrack for your RealTimes Story.
1. Click on Photos & Videos at the top of the screen to see your media. To choose just videos or just photos, click on the Photos & Videos button from the dropdown menu in the upper right corner (located under the Search bar).
2. There are two options for creating a Story: Select multiple photos from the Timeline or from Albums. To select multiple pictures and videos in your Photos & Videos stream, click on one photo. To add images located next to each other press and hold the Shift key and click on the last image in the series you want to add. To add images from multiple events, press the Command key and click the specific image or video. Then right-click on any of the blue highlighted photos and select Create Story.
To transform an album into a RealTimes Story, click on the Album icon at the top of the screen. Double-click on an album and select the Create Story button in the upper right corner (located under the Search bar).
3. The app will automatically select the best photos and videos from the event and create a RealTimes Story. This is just a starting point; you can change pictures, alter the order, edit the Story, add effects, and change music.
4. When the automated video montage ends, you can Share It, Save It, or Edit Scenes. In this scenario, we’re going to click Edit Scenes and change the scenes and order of the media in the RealTimes Story.
Click the Add Scenes button and scroll through photos and videos and click on ones you want to add to the video montages or de-select ones you want removed. Selected Scenes will have a blue box around them. Then click the Add button at the bottom of the screen.
To re-arrange the order of the pictures click and drag them in the Timeline to the desired location. When everything is where you want, click the Done button.
5. Once you have the Story the way you like, click Effects to change the look of yur video. Click on an Effect (Original, Timeless, and Surreal are free, there are more options for premium subscribers) and it will be applied to the entire RealTimes Story. You can also change the Transition style (Cut, Blend, Swipe, there are more options for premium subscribers). In this scenario, we added the Blend Transition.
6. Add some music by selecting the soundtrack for your RealTimes Story. Click on Music in the top right corner of the screen and click the instrumental song (Happy To Be Here, Breakfast Ukulele, Happy Summer Journey, Inspire, Lively Sunny, Piano Music Inspiration, Shining Bright, Skip and Strut, Uke N Whistle, and Winner) of your choice. If you don’t like any of the options, you can always get more music by clicking the Add Audio button. You’ll have an option to choose from music from your Mac, your iTunes Library, or a RealTimes Featured Track. In this scenario, we chose Lively Sunny. The new soundtrack gets added to the entire video.
7. Name your RealTimes Story by clicking on Title (just above the video). Add a new title and description in the places provided and click the Done button.
8. Once you like the RealTimes Story you have created, go ahead and save it by clicking the Save button in the lower left corner of the screen. You can upload it to the Cloud, Save It on your Mac, or Create an Album. To share the RealTimes Story with friends and family via email or on Facebook, clicking the Share button and fill in the required information.
That’s it! Its quick and easy to create and share a story from the RealTimes Mac App.